Monday, July 11, 2011

Two Years...Already?!

In some ways I can hardly believe that two years have passed since the day Mike & I said, "I do."  In other ways I feel like we have been married forever.  I think that's a pretty normal feeling.  All I know for sure, is that I do not know what I would do without him.


I have so many happy memories of our wedding day...the flowers were GORGEOUS.  My dress wasn't half bad either *grin*  Mike was so handsome (even though he was half petrified of being up in front of all the congregation).  We felt so loved by our family & friends for gathering there with us to witness our marriage.  It was a good day & the Lord has blessed us so much.


And there was a little bit of fun, too.  Mike was totally untrusting of me during the cake exchange.  I have no idea why...but perhaps that bite of cake was a little large...


And there was lots of smooching!  I love me some Michael kisses *grin*


And the best part of all was that on July 11, 2009 I became Mrs. Michael.  That is definitely the best part - even better than the yummy cake & the gorgeous flowers!

Since that day I have learned a lot.  I have learned that being a wife is a good job.  But it can be a hard job.  And it's not because of my husband.  It's because of my own sinful tendencies.  I now understand more of how the Lord uses marriage in our lives to help change us to be more like Christ.  There has been no other relationship in my years here on earth that has done a better job of holding the mirror up for me to see my true self.  And I'm a bit dirty looking in that reflection.  I've got the telltale signs of selfishness, anger, stubbornness, pride, impatience, & more.  It's a pitiful picture.

But being Mike's wife has taught me even more than how awful I can be.  I have had the opportunity to learn more of my husband's character.  And he blows me away.  He has his flaws, sure.  But he has shown me over & over & over again the love of Christ.  When I am awful acting, he loves me.  When I am ugly (inside & out), he loves me.  When I have been stinky just so I can test the limits of his love, he loves me.  It's amazing, it's beautiful, & it humbles me.   And I thank God for him. 

Happy second anniversary to us & earnest prayers for many more years together...

1 comment:

Gwen said...

You write very well, "Pharm Girl". And, you're way too hard on yourself. When I look at you, I've never seen anything "pitiful" looking back. I see a very strong, alive, supportive, beautiful woman. Congrats on two years and prayers for many more.