Friday, July 29, 2011

Michael's Birthday

Uncle Mike & Canton
Last week Mike had a birthday.  Unfortunately, we have decided that as a couple we make the worst gift-giver/special occasion makers.  I did buy him a sweet card & we took a trip to Menard's for a mitre saw stand (obviously something he had decided he needed for his shop & not something I had picked out for him).  The week was busy with work & then when we had planned to do a special meal over the weekend our plans were interrupted by his dad being sick & ending up in the hospital (he should be coming home today - yay!).

The one thing I did do right to make my hubs feel special was make him a cake.  And this is no ordinary cake, oh no!  It's a peanut butter cake with peanut butter icing & you can find the recipe here.  I just have to say, look out!  Because it is one super-dee-duper-dee good cake. 


Now if you will excuse me, I have to go running because somehow over the course of this last week half of a peanut butter cake has attached itself to my thighs.

No comments: