Saturday, March 12, 2011

Ugh...

This last week has been a rough one for me.  I'm not sure why.  Physically I have felt like I have been put through a wringer washer.  Ouch.
Thursday & Friday both I woke up & took my temperature to see if I should go to work or crawl back under the covers.  Rats.  No temp.  In fact, both days it was 97.3, way too low to be considered any kind of fever.
I had stomach troubles (kale hates me & I hate it back. with a vengenance).  Enough said about that.
I had a monster headache.  Migraine proportions but I just couldn't call it a migraine because it didn't have all of the normal precursors - seeing auras, fullness in my temples - little signs I know to look for.  They just weren't there.  And I wasn't sensitive to light but super sensitive to noise.  My quiet office was definitely a haven.
I felt kind of achy & nauseous but I never got sick. 
I'm a little bit afraid that it is training sickness.
The last time I trained for the Indy Mini I was sick about every 4-5 weeks.  Funny little episodes of mild stomach virus or the classic - Strep Throat.  During that time frame I was working two jobs, planning the wedding, training for the race, & working on some major house projects - a lot of pressure!  This time around I figured it would be no big deal because so much of that pressure is off.  I am just a normal 40 hour a week girl, the wedding is over & done with, the big projects in the house are pretty much done.  I thought I would be home free with the illness issue.  Now I'm not so sure.
So I sat out this morning's long run.  I'm trying not to feel like a failure or a wimp.  It's a bit discouraging but I never set out to do this thing to try to become some kind of star athlete.  I just want to finish the race.  And skipping one 9 mile training session doesn't sink my ship.
At least that is what I am telling myself.  I guess we will see!

No comments: