Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My Mondays

In the Pharm Girl world, Mondays are a little crazy. I think they are crazy for most people who work a regular Monday through Friday work week.

I heap the punishment upon myself by doing our grocery shopping on Mondays. If I want to take part in the good deals at CVS & Walgreens I have to shop on Monday. And if I am going to make two stops, I might as well make them all!

This week I had my list all planned & my coupons all organized before the end of my workday. I was able to leave work & head right out to shop. That always makes me happy. Get it out of the way & have the evening to relax & just be at home...ahhh!

The shopping went well. I even feel like I got it done quickly! Mike checked in with me when he got off work & I told him I was 'only' going to go to Walmart, Kroger, & Walgreens. Usually I hit Aldi & CVS, too. He thinks I'm nuts for making all of those stops. He would just go to Kroger & be done with it. I just can't take the easy road. I must use coupons! I must take advantage of the deals! I think I adopt a warrior shopper mindset. I must crush & destroy the enemy!

Anyway, it was a good, profitable, money saving shopping trip.

Then I got home. We lugged in the haul. I unpacked the bags. And I found this:




My Greek yogurt cup lid had a big puncture in it! *sigh* I had bought it on sale with a double coupon. It was one of my shopping victories (not to mention one of my favorite snacks!). Oh well. No use crying over stabbed yogurt, right?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW. I'm in AWE of your shopping agenda after a full Monday of working. Sounds like you a much more organized shopper than I am though! Bummer about the yogurt. :(

malia said...

rats I hate when that happens... I had a similar experience with a milk jug-- totally icky! good for you for using coupons though ( - :

Erin said...

Aren't you funny? So sorry about your yogurt. And good for you....coupon shopper!