Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Successful Swap!

One of the things I have most enjoyed about blogging is "meeting" new people. I am a compulsive lurker. I get on a blog & then check out who is commenting & then I go to their blog & so it goes. In this way I have come across quite a few talented ladies. They really have it going on when it comes to crafting & cooking.



One day as I was trolling around blogland I came across this blog, My Girl Thursday. She sews, she casts resin, & she even bakes. And she has a lovely etsy shop.



And the fun thing is, I got to help her out! Which is surprising because I am not truly crafty. I can cross stitch & that is about it. What do you know, she needed a little cross stitching done. We traded some emails about what she needed & what compensation I would want & then I got to work.

She needed two phrases stitched out, "Mama Always Said..." & " Doll Face". I wrote out a pattern & stitched them up. Actually, I started stitching free hand & then realized I was no way near that good so I took all that work out, wrote out the pattern & then stitched up a storm.



This was the final product. She is going to frame them up in some embroidery hoops & use them in her display at the craft shows she sells at.


For my time we decided that one of her aprons would be a good swap. I have to tell you, I just love my apron! She uses vintage fabrics & this wonderful reversible style.


Try not to be distracted by my horrible photography skills & my pink t-shirt that doesn't match the apron at all. Just notice how cute the apron is *grin*



I think it was a tremendously successful swap of craftiness. I'd be willing to do it again in a heartbeat.




Take a moment to check out her blog, My Girl Thursday. There are links to her etsy shop & currently she is hosting a giveaway & holding a sale at her shop. There are tons of fun things to look at & you might even get inspired to do some Christmas shopping!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

You did a FABULOUS job on the cross-stitching! And what a great idea to do a swap as reimbursement for your work. How fun! The apron is lovely and very stylish. I find aprons so handy and practical!

ExploreColorado said...

I think we've all wandered around bloggie land on occasion. You did a fabulous job the cross-stitching, and your apron looks great :D What a great trade.

Heidi said...

What a great swap! The apron is so cute!

Erin Neiner said...

This is SO ADORABLE!!!! What a great swap!!! Helping each other out + giving back is perfect! And great stitching! Wow. No wonder you eyed that Gaelic piece I found!!! :)