Thursday, November 5, 2009

Today might be Thursday...

but it's MY Friday!

This evening Mike & I are headed out to visit for a couple of days with his sister, Jackie. We haven't been to her place for a little over a year, so I'm excited about spending some time there. Jackie is a high school chemistry teacher (& more than a little brilliant). I always enjoy time talking with her b/c she knows lots of computer stuff & she's an excellent cook. Our conversations topics range far & wide so it's always entertaining!

Then we will get to see Mike's other sibs on Sunday afternoon at his other sister's house. Gwen & Jason are having a big party for Canton, their son who will be turning a whooping one year old! So bring on the end of the work day & let the good times get started! Only about 3 hours to go...

Small Confession: I have been a teensy bit disappointed with my first week with only one job. Unfortunately I am definitely the type to build things up in my mind & of course I develop huge expectations about how I think things are going to be. I'm sure that's why I feel a little disappointed right now. The truth is, we spent a lot of time away from home every evening this week. Monday night we tried to work on my mom's computer. It has a vicious virus; recovery is ongoing. Wednesday night was church. As a result, I'm still tired. My house isn't any cleaner. I still didn't develop a menu plan for the week (so we were definitely eating in scrounge mode all week - yuck!). I still didn't go running or exercise much. It has felt like a two job week.

Ugh. I wasn't going to go on a big complaining rant, but I kinda just did. Oops!

Now for the positives - b/c yes, there are definitely some positives!

We did get the leaves all raked up in our yard. The laundry is caught up. I have washed dishes every night so there are not any dirty dished stacked up on every available kitchen counter space. I did get to go shop & get some great deals this week. Mike & I have spent much more time together which equals good times, good talks, & good feelings.

I guess we will see what next week brings. I have some lofty goals (AGAIN!). I'm sure you're not surprised. Until then, I'm going to enjoy this party-all-the-time-weekend!

What are your weekend plans? Anything fun going on out there?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you're in store for a smashingly fun weekend! Enjoy the long weekend and the time away with family!

We're headed to chick-fil-a this Saturday for a family outing. I'm pumped that I don't have to think about fixing lunch that day. Simple pleasures!

Erin said...

Just have a few little goals each week instead of a bunch of big ones. The point in quitting that job was less stress and more time with hubby. I say mission accomplished!

I'm headed to see Adam this weekend. Feeling pretty good, so I'm excited to go see him.

Adele said...

I'm so behind on reading blogs that I didn't know you quit your second job. I'm so happy for you!

Don't worry a/b not getting a lot of household tasks done. You did get a lot done - investing in your marriage, helping your mom, church. I'd say it was a successful week!

Arlene said...

Hi, Mary Ann!
You'll get into a routine soon enough; it's hard to adjust from working a lot of crazy hours at two jobs to working one and keeping your home, but you'll get it! :o)

P.S. I found a few kefir smoothie recipes for you to try, so I hope they will help you get it down a little easier. :o) Have you considered using honey instead of sugar to sweeten?

Green Smoothies

Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Tropical Smoothie

Anonymous said...

Have fun with Mike and the family this weekend.