Monday, November 2, 2009



I have been enjoying this regular eight hour work day Monday! Usually I would have to go to the second job for the evening shift. Monday tends to be the busiest day of the week in a pharmacy so I was almost always scheduled to work. I am so glad that today I am planning to go home at 3 pm & enjoy the evening! Don't worry ~ there are chores to do, but that's just fine with me. I'm going to do some laundry, maybe rake some leaves, cook something for dinner & relax!

But the real reason I am posting under the Works of God banner is b/c the Lord has done some interesting things in our lives lately. The very next day after I decided that it was time to say adios to working two jobs, Mike had a meeting at this work. He knew that they would have jobs to complete until Christmas but what he didn't know was that there were so many jobs to get done that they would be on mandatory overtime until Christmas. Unfortunately that means that Mike will have the long days now, but he will at least get paid overtime for the extra effort. The income that we will lose from my second job will be more than covered by his overtime pay. Jehovah Jireh! Only the Lord knows what will happen in January. We are praying that more work will come in for them. As we all know, the Lord is more than faithful to meet our needs. I'm excited to see just what He has in store!

2 comments:

Karis said...

Tough decision to make when you're crunching numbers and thinking about Mike's job situation, but when you're talking about responding to a conviction, that definitely trumps what makes sense. I am very proud of you (and Mike) for making a faith filled decision, and to read in this post that God has already provided beyond your expectations in the way He did. Praising the Lord with you. And you are so right that God knows what January will bring.

Adele said...

Wow, what a "coincidence", huh? :)So excited to hear of God's provision.

It is when we make decisions to trust God or to follow His will when He shows us Himself more fully. Perhaps it is because our eyes are focused on Him rather than on ourselves. I have been learning that a lot in the last two yrs.