Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Harumphhhh!


Unfortunately, this has been me today. I have just been grumpy, grumpy, grumpy! I am beginning to feel a little pressure with the wedding planning; some simple decisions that have needed to be made are not turning out to be so simple & all of the folks involved aren't just agreeing with the bride (it's not Mike & it's not really a big deal). I'm just feeling grumpy about it. Then at work today I gave myself the most ginormous paper cut under my thumb nail! Feel free to cringe - I almost screamed when I did it.
One of my co-workers told me that his grandma always used to say, "You're fine; there's always someone else out there who has it worse than you." I think his grandma was probably right. I can have the perspective that things are ok b/c surely someone else has more problems than me. I thought about it for a while then decided that when I have that perspective, my feeling better depends on someone else (although an imagined someone else) to feel worse. So I decided I was going to try to think like this instead - there's always something to be grateful for. The Lord has blessed me with too many good things to list. I've been trying to make a list in my head for a while now & it's very long & it's helping me to feel not quite so grumpy ;-)
This evening I get to go see my little niece Madison graduate from Kindergarten. That's something to be grateful for - she is getting so big & this child has always been lots of fun...never a dull moment when Madi is around!

No comments: