Monday, January 21, 2008

Wimpin' Out!

On my last post about training for the Indy Mini, Karis asked me if I would be training outside because it is SO cold! Well, this past Saturday I was supposed to meet the group at 8:00 in the morning at a local park. I decided Friday night before I went to bed that if the temperature was less than 20 degrees that I was NOT going to go. So I got up around 7:15 & the temperature was 4 degrees! I like to think that I'm a pretty dedicated to my training program, but I am not crazy. So I went to the Y to use a treadmill. Guess who I saw there? About 2o other people from my training group. I'm not the only weakling. :-) So I ended up putting my two miles in on an elliptical 'cause there was no way I was going to wait in the treadmill line. All in all it was a satisfying workout. With this arctic blast hovering over us it may be a couple of weeks before I do anything outside other than run from the door to my car.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Chicken! We had a retreat this last weekend and with the windchill it was -21°. It was worse than Northland days. No trees here, so the wind is fierce.

Karis said...

Glad to hear you're not crazy! :-)