Wednesday, January 30, 2008



Our neighbor here at my workplace brought over his new friend for a visit. She is 7 week old Siberian Husky puppy & her name is Chinook. She looks a lot like this picture I snagged from the web. She is so cute & playful. Our last family dog was half Husky & half Chow. She was a beautiful cinnamon color but she was a bit mean. I would love to have a Husky. I would love to have just about any dog right now (except a Beagle - sorry Aunt Ruth & Uncle Allan; nothing against Scruffy, I promise). If I buy that house I am going to be sorely tempted to get a dog. But I have high ideals for how a dog should behave. It could be in the house as long as it never got on any of the furniture. It would not be allowed to eat people food or beg. Ever. It could ride in the car, but only if it didn't leave nose prints on the windows. And it would have to love to go for a walk or a run with me. And it would have to promise to protect me from any intruders or mean people. I'm not sure how I would be able to care for it on my 14 hour work days...that would definitely be a bit of a problem. As you can tell, probably not getting a dog. But I'm available for some dog sitting or dog walking.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I would also absolutely love to have a dog as well, but that isn't possible. We'll just have to borrow everyone else's.

ruth said...

What an adorable puppy! Now, I want one.