Wednesday, January 16, 2008

On Your Mark...Get Set...Train!

It's official - training for the Indianpolis MiniMarathon has begun! I started yesterday with a one mile walk. That doesn't sound like much (& truthfully it didn't feel like much) but the program I'm participating in works on the principle of progressive overload. So I'd better hang on; it will definitely get more intense. As of right now I am training as a walker. My doc told me I could try running again starting March 1st. I'm going to try to take good care of my feet along the way so that I will be ready to run again. It feels good to have a goal to work for instead of just reminding myself that being active is good for my health. This will be my 3rd Indy Mini & I'm hoping my best time ever.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

good for you, girl! take good care of yourself while you train so you'll be ready come march 1st! i'm looking forward to e-watching you through the process!

Erin said...

Have fun!!! I really hope things work out with your feet. I know how much you love running. Good to see two new posts too!!! :)

ruth said...

Wow, I'm impressed. I don't think I could do a marathon. I'm looking forward to hearing about it.

Karis said...

Do you train inside or outside? Brrr... I know... I'm a wimp with the cold weather.