Tuesday, February 6, 2007

NBBC Flashbacks

Yesterday while I was running around town getting some errands taken care of, I had a strong sense of deja vu. It's been really cold here lately. And when I say cold, I mean cold. The wind chill was like 18 degrees below zero the other morning. I was supposed to go running with my training group - yeah right, like that happened. Hello, treadmill! Anyway, my NBBC flashback occured when the wind hit me in the face and my nose froze inside and out, my eyes watered and my eyelashes got icy. The only thing that was missing was a couple feet of snow and a jean skirt.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Giggle-giggle. What craziness to make us wear skirts during those horrid winter days! I've heard the ones in charge at NBBC has hence changed that ruling. We've endured those arctic temps here the past few days too. Schools even closed yesterday and today due to the frigidness. Stay warm, girl!

Adele said...

NBBC has flashed into my mind several times lately. BRRR! I get chills just thinking about it!

Just be glad you missed the water tower freeze of '94. We had to walk to class without shoes, in skirts, uphill both ways.

Erin said...

That also reminds me of all of those days walking to class you comment about the trees. "The trees just look so tired." Oh, how you hated the snow. Good memories.

Joe & Sarah McDaniel said...

Ha! Ha! Yes, Heidi and I were commenting on that! Many memories with these frigid temps!