Once upon a time a long time ago, I compiled a list of reasons that I would someday like to be married. Here are The Top 5:
1. It would be nice to have someone to help me make big decisions (like the whole house buying/apartment leasing/condo buying dilemma that I am currently faced with). Having someone to help me make the decision is also handy from the aspect that if something goes wrong, he's there to help share the blame.
2. He could balance the checkbook. I'm no slacker when it comes to personal finances, but once something goes wrong with that crazy little checkbook I can never seem to find my way out. And my patience only lasts about 2 1/2 minutes. So he could take over this little chore with my hearty approval. I wouldn't even check up on him.
3. Vehicle maintenance. Since you understand that I am female, this one necessitates little explanation. I can take the car in for oil changes, tire rotations, and the like but I don't want to deal with anything else. Hence, I now have a personal rule that every vehicle I drive has to be under warranty. Being married could definitely save me money on this one.
4. A dual income. Right now I have a dual income due to the fact that I work two jobs. A dual income is a lot easier to come by when you have two people working. Amen? Amen.
5. Love. Yes, even I can be a little sappy. :-)