Monday, January 15, 2007

Singleness



This little comic comes compliments of Erin. Thanks for the giggle!

I have another single friend that recently shared this man-catching wisdom from her grandfather: Go out and buy a pair of pants the same size as the man you would like to marry. Bring them home and hang them on your bedpost. See what happens!

Evidently you're supposed to dream of the man you will marry or he will magically appear or some such thing.

Somebody try it and let me know what happens! My bed doesn't have posts so I'm out of luck!

3 comments:

Joe & Sarah McDaniel said...

Hey Mary Ann - You probably don't remember me, but I was at NBBC from 95-97 - I recognize you, but don't know that we ever had any classes together or anything, besides maybe the freshmen ones that everyone's in. Anyway, I came across your blog through Alicia's, and saw that you are from/living in Indiana. We live in Indiana also, so I was just wondering where in Indiana you're at. Oh, I'm Sarah (Jordan) McDaniel - I hung around a lot w/ Sarah (Johnson) Layer and Alicia at NBBC - just for reference :o)

Adele said...

One word, okay, two words of advice:

One, don't do it. Your mom will come in your room while you are at work and panic.

Two, don't do it. Once you're married those pants will come back to haunt you on the floor, on the chair, on the bed, though never in the dirty clothes hamper. :)

Unknown said...

I don't know, Adele, I think Mary Ann should give it a shot! Just for laughs anyways. :) And of course, you'd have to explain to your mom. I don't know how you decide what size pants you want your future hubby to wear though .. . that's strange.